How to Prepare Your Files
Use of Templates, Bleed Allowance, and Converting Fonts to Outlines
How to Use Our Free Templates
If you're using one of our standard die templates for your shelf wobbler, shelf strip or aisle violator, just follow the directions below to get started. By now you should have chosen your size and downloaded your shelf wobbler, shelf strip, or aisle violator template. Just double-click the folder once it's on your computer to unzip the file. The directions for wobblers, shelf strips and violators are similar, but do have some differences.
For example, shelf wobblers are most often single-sided and made from .010" white vinyl. They can be printed double-sided, but will require a custom quote (the example below shows why some clients opt for double-sided printing). Double-sided wobblers will still be printed on .010" vinyl so they aren't too rigid ... they need that wobble-ability (yeah, I know I just made up a word there).
Aisle violators, on the other hand, are always printed on both sides; and they are always printed on .015" mil vinyl for its opacity (so you don't see the printing from the other side). Unlike shelf wobblers, violators also need more rigidity since they don't wobble. The added strength from the thicker vinyl allows them to jut out from the shelf without being, well, floppy.
Unlike wobbler templates, violator templates will come in pairs of 2 mirrored images. This is for both the front and back side of the violator. You can either use the same artwork on both sides or have completely different messages and graphics.
File Formats Accepted
We accept files in the following formats: Adobe® Illustrator®, Adobe® Photoshop®, high-resolution PDF. Please leave layers intact! In other words, don't merge them or flatten them (we need to be able to get into them). You can either send us your font files or you can convert the fonts to outlines before you send us your artwork.
Directions for Using Shelf Wobbler Templates
1. Pick your product: Go to the shelf wobbler prices page and choose the product, size, and quantity for your project. (Note the price breaks for ordering larger quantities.)
2. Download your template : When you see the size you want, click the button right below it to download the template to your computer. From there, you just have to double-click on the file to open it and get your template.
3. Open the unzipped template in your image editing program where your art files are stored. Drop the template on your artwork and position it, leaving a 1/8" trim line border around all sides so your art can "bleed off" the edges (see diagram below for example) . . .
Shelf Wobbler Template
Template on Artwork
Die Cut Shelf Wobbler
5. Convert all fonts and graphic text to outlines using your art editing program. If you'd rather skip this step, no biggie. Just make sure to copy each font used into a folder marked "fonts" and either include this folder when you upload your artwork, or attach it to an email and send it to us. We'll need this to proceed to printing.
6. Don't forget! We need the layers of your artwork file. Before you save and upload it, make sure you haven't merged or compressed the file. If submitting your files with layers makes the size greater than 20mb, you won't be able to attach it to an email, but you can easily upload it from the button at the bottom of this page.
7. Files can be saved as PSD (Photoshop®), AI (Illustrator®) or high-res PDF. These files can then be uploaded to our FTP server (see order instructions below).
Directions for Using Aisle Violator Templates
1. Preparing your files for aisle violators is exactly the same as shelf wobblers. Well, almost. The difference is that violators are always double-sided.
Directions for Using Shelf Strip Templates
1. Preparing your die template and artwork for shelf strips is exactly the same as shelf wobblers, except for your ability to modify the template. If you need a different size; i.e., a 6.25" shelf strip, you can either modify the 6" shelf strip template in your art editing program, or contact us and we'll make a new one for you.
2. When you download a template from the shelf strip prices page, it will actually be a set of templates (2-6", or 7-12", for example). Just pick the size you need and lay it over of your artwork on its own layer. Remember to leave 1/8" past the template on all sides for the bleed (see sample below).
Shelf Strip Template
Shelf Strip Template as Layer on Top of Artwork to Show Bleed Allowance
Die Cut Shelf Strip
How to Order Shelf Talkers, Shelf Strips & Aisle Violators
1. Once you're set to go, give us a call at (714) 998-5317 or email us.
2. We'll total it all up for you, including sales tax and shipping*. You can charge your Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or Discover® card with our new online payment portal. (*Shipping charges based on quantity + destination. If you'd prefer, we can use your FedEx® or UPS® account number to bill directly for shipping charges.)
3. If your file is under 20mb, you can simply attach it to your email. If it's over 20mb (or you don't want to email it), you can upload it directly to us by clicking the link to our upload page.